From 2010 till 2014, the Ghent based cinema for experimental film 'Art Cinema OFFoff' had a format called 'Jonge Zwervers', giving young Flemish filmmakers the opportunity to show their work at our venue. Everybody was welcome, without any form of selection.
In 2015, OFFoff launched their first international open call for young experimental filmmakers. Word spread throughout the Internet, resulting in more than 70 submitted movies from all over the world. Out of this, a jury of 5 professionals of the Belgian and Dutch film industry selected 14 films coming from Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Brazil and Canada.
Analogue or digital and a mix of different genres, but always provocative or renewing in form and content. The screening takes 96'.
Believing in the high quality of the selected films, Art Cinema OFFoff searched for extern partners to show the selection. We are very happy to cooperate with Kunstacademie aan Zee, who will screen Young Vagrants during Film Festival Oostende.
Following the links below, you can watch trailers or full movies to form an idea about the program. Be welcome!
1. Anne Reijniers - Looking at Marie (20'06")
2. Jacky De Groen - Eclipse (5'41")
3. Koen Van Goethem - Tropical Excuse (1')
4. Eva Giolo - Shattered (9'34")
5. Diederick Nuyttens - TTTelevision Toxicator (23'53")
6. Sarah Bijlsma - Identifying Europe (2'04")
7. Milena Vergara - Mémoire/3 (2'07")
8. Eliah Ornicans - Nagger (1'55")
9. Cylixe - Flotsam (14'54")
10.Jeroen Cluckers - Ships in Distress in a Datamosh (1')
11.Krefer - Estudo de Persistência (Study on Persistence) (2')
12.Willehad Eilers - In the hole (2'30")
13.Johannes Langkamp - Videosketches 2012 (4'23")
14.Eva Kolcze - Badlands (4'12'')